Frequently Asked Questions
I can''t listen pronunciations, whats wrong?
- You need to register and sign in to listen to pronunciations.
- Your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox) needs to have FLASH add-on installed. Due to some bugs in Firefox 2, we highly recommend Firefox 3 or above to listen to pronunciations.
forgot your password?
- You may retrieve your password by visiting forgot your password? link
Do I have to register to use Sesli Sozluk?
- Registration is not required. But some features like Listen Pronunciation and Quizes are for registered users only. Registration is easy and free. Feel free to Create my account.
My keyboard does not support Turkish or Greek characters. How can I use Sesli Sozluk?
- If your keyboard does not support Turkish or Greek characters:
1. For Turkish you can use (click on) the small buttons over the search box.
2. For Greek you can use virtual keyboard over the search box.
3. For Turkish you can also use corresponding English letter followed by an underscore. For instance, type "yi_ldi_z" to query "yıldız" and "s_arki_" to query "şarkı". This technique applies to the following six Turkish characters:
ş = s_
ö = o_
ç = c_
ü = u_
ğ = g_
ı = i_
Do I need to login every time I visit Sesli Sozluk?
- By checking "Remember me on this computer." option on sign in screen, you will no longer need to relogin on every visit.
How can I search faster
- Double click on any word on the search results area.
- For fast searching, text in the search box is highlighted and selected with your last search, so you do not need to delete previous entry.
- IF you need more speed or your internet connection is slow you can try Sesli Sozluk''s mobile version .
I can not login to forum
- After you complete 7 days as a registered member and use Sesli Sozluk actively, we will consider your membership to forum.
Can I use Sesli Sozluk offline?
- Sesli Sozluk is currently accessible through internet only. Although we have received several requests for preparing an offline version, currently we are not planning to do this in the short term.